Location: New Delhi, India
Breakthrough is looking for a Senior Manager – Digital Engagement, who would be working closely with the Media head. The person will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of organisation’s content and engagement strategies. The specific job responsibilities will be:
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of organisation’s content and engagement strategies.
• Lead a team and oversee development of content across various social media platforms.
• Support and guide general content creation for social media handles and engagement activities during campaigns as part of the community building and retention process on an ongoing basis.
• Create a Meta strategy with the content writer for blogging in order to develop the organisational voice.
• Oversee all programmatic and non- programmatic activities are undertaken and executed based on the committed timeline.
• Oversee that documentation and reports are being generated regularly and on time as per requirement and commitment.
• Supervise the development and implementation of an emailer strategy for BT with a monthly emailer going out each month.
• Develop an umbrella strategy for IVRS (or mobile radio) across all proposed states detailing what is going to be done, the outcome and how the same will be achieved.
• Supervise the management of all live IVRS systems, content that is being created and disseminated along with measurement of outcomes and regular reporting.
• Mentor Team members to help guide them through challenges and reach their optimal performance level.
• Manage and supervise the reporting members for processes, work accountability, conflict management, communication within team members and final deliverables to ensure the smooth running of the vertical.
• Development of an engagement/ community building strategy for Breakthrough’s Media Hub.
• Develop external collaborations with individuals and organisations for networking and building long term partnerships. Devise community building with these networks, groups etc. through larger initiatives viz. hackathons, writing workshops etc.
• Support in organization training and capacity building initiatives especially when focusing on the media and digital aspect as well as gender politics.
Specific Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
• 8-10 years of experience in the field of journalism or content generation
• Excellent issue knowledge of gender, rights and sexuality
• Well networked within the gender space
• Excellent understanding of digital platforms
• Love for pop culture (this will translate to creation of content for our digital platforms)
• Multimedia skills essential
The candidate should have the ability to work in an informal atmosphere. Submit your resume along with a cover letter at indiajobs[at]breakthrough.tv. Please mention “Senior Manager – Digital Engagement” in the subject line. Apply latest by 25th March 2017.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.