Location: New Delhi, India
Breakthrough is looking for a Manager/Senior Manager – Child Safe Guarding, who would be working closely with Director – HRM. The position will be the focal point for all issues, concerns and design related to child safeguarding and protection matters in Breakthrough. The key responsibility areas of Manager/Senior Manager – Child Safe Guarding, will be as follows –
Child safeguarding responsibilities:
• Will act as the focal point for all child safeguarding concerns in the organization as outlined in the Breakthrough – CSP
• Oversee all child safeguarding (CS) aspects of Breakthrough’s (BT) work and provide advice to the center heads, state heads and HR team
• Assess, support, and build capacity of BT team and NGO/CBO partners and stakeholders on related CS issues through comprehensive training needs assessments and contributing to the partners/staff technical capacity building plans
• Monitoring safeguarding measures that have been implemented in BT and ensure all CS plans are implemented, reviewed and revised based on the changing context and needs of the organizational work.
• Responsible for carrying out the internal CSP audit and support in the external CSP audit in BT
• Contribute to project planning and work closely with the Implementation team to ensure that CSP related activities are integrated into BT’s implementation plans
• Writing and editing project reports on CSP work in BT
Child protection responsibilities:
• Will represent and position BT in the child protection space (in line with BT’s key programming) and contributing to the overall child protection work by other actors.
• Establish strong relationships with organizations working on child rights, child protection and empowerment. The organizations would include CSO/CBO/NGOs, networks, government (at state and central level), donors, UN agencies.
• Place BT strategically in the child protection space for convergence and support in informing the organization about the updates in the sector.
• Contribute to research into the lives of children and their communities, and the policies and practices that impact upon them, with particular regard to child rights, child protection and overall empowerment of the target group that BT works with.
• Support the advocacy work at the state and national level on child protection issues.
• Provide inputs in project proposal development that have potential to contribute to BT’s goals
• Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program
• Ensure good consultation and cross learning and sharing information with wider stakeholders takes palace periodically
• Documenting all lessons learned and good models of child safeguarding
Specific Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
• A recognized Social Work degree or a similar welfare or behavioral related degree which includes: (a) a primary focus on child development, human behavior, family dynamics and/or impacts of trauma; and preferably (b) a practical component such as counselling or case work practice
• Understands issues and pressures to which the organization has to respond. Understands the reasons behind the organizational climate and culture.
• Expert knowledge of broader child protection system.
• Expert knowledge and ability to embed in practice, the core responsibilities and principles underpinning the UNHCR guidelines
• Expert knowledge of the legislative, policy and practice requirements relating children, families and community and ability to apply to case practice and decision-making.
• Experience in delivering results that focuses on the best interests of the child and achieves positive, long-lasting outcomes for children and families at an advanced level.
• Experience in managing and caring for self to maintain resilience and support when working within a challenging operating environment.
• Operates in a manner that is consistent with the organisations code of conduct. Inspires trust by treating all individuals fairly.
• Cooperates and works well with others in pursuit of team goals, collaborates and shares information, shows consideration, concern and respect for others feelings and ideas, accommodates and works well with the different working styles of others, encourages resolution of conflict within the group.
The candidate should have the ability to work in an informal atmosphere. Submit your resume along with a cover letter at indiajobs[at]breakthrough.tv. Please mention Manager/Senior Manager – Child Safe Guarding in the subject line. Apply latest by 25th March 2017.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.